Unique . DIY . Tapestry
"It's a question of making it rustic and graphic, and at the same time
add some softness in the form of textile. It is very easy and something
you can actually easily make yourself." - Johanne Kohlmetz
Transform a quilted cotton blanket into a beautiful and graphic tapestry, quite easily. In this guide we show you how to make your own unique tapestry.
- Find a quilted blanket in the color and size you want. Johanne thrifted hers from a second hand store.
- Cut different organic shapes from either old fabric scraps, clothes, tea towels or new fabric.
- Zig zag your cutouts with a sewing machine – it is meant to look rustic.
- Sew a casing at the top of the tapestry and insert a wooden rod.
- Finally, add a string to the rod and you are ready to hang your tapestry.